LS3/5a. Bass driver expired. Sell or dump?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My advice FWIW would be to repair them with a new matched pair of B110,s which are still available, as mentioned by others on this thread, before selling them as they will be worth a great deal more as a going concern. Especially with new B110's. By the way the NAD amps suffer frequently from dry solder joints around the Transformer PCB connections which cause the midpoint of the plus/minus supply rail to float and eventually complete failure of the O/P stage (many dead semiconductors, smoked resistors etc) The speaker protection I.C. also fails just when needed most! I've fixed one that had total destruction and saved another before that happened. If one channel is still o/k it makes the repair much easier.

I have decided to sell my LS3/5a speakers, probably on eBay but if somebody wants to get in touch I am happy to chat.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.