Lots of Qs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I am a newbie with this stuff so be nice. :eek:

At a local store they have a amp that has a output rated at 50V. It also have a output that says 8ohms. What does this mean? Will I be able to run normal speakers and subs from it?

There is also a other amp that has two toroidal transformers in it. They are about 15cm in diamater each. How many VA wil they be about?

What is a monoblok?

I have been thinking of making a 8 channel amp for my pc. I want to use 6x tda2040s and 2x tda7294 chips. I want to use a 30v-0-30v 2x5A transformer for the amp.

Will I be able to run the tda 7294s on 30v-0-30v with a 2ohm load? How much amps will they draw? Must I use voltage regulators on them? Will I be able to run the tda2040s also from the same amp? With voltage regulators to drop the voltage to 20v-0-20v.

Thanks

Ettiene

i can answer a couple of those...

first off, when an amp is rated at 8 ohms, it doesnt necessarily mean it can ONLY run at 8 ohms, but that also doesnt mean it can run anything below it too. 2 ohms is very low, and difficult for most amps to drive.

a monoblock is a single channel amplifier in a single chassis. so you have 1 box to drive each speaker. they have their own powersupplies, and generally sound better (but not always of course)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.