LED projector modification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I was searching info on projector mods and was instructed to post in this forum (although the name implies that this audio related..). If this is not the best forum for this question, I would be happy to receive tips about better forums to post this.

Anyway, I have been thinking of modding my Panasonic PT-AE2000 projector to use a LED instead of the UHP lamp (which only has 2000 h lifetime). The original lamp brightness is 1500 lumens, and there are flashlights with 32 000 lumens so the brightness should not be the issue...right?

From what I understand from reading about similar projects, one of the problems is hacking the projector to "undrestand" that the lamp is in place and not defect. In the lamp chamber I only see the power connectors to the lamp, so this might be a tricky thing with my particular projector..

Anyway, I would be happy to hear if someone in this forum has done something similar. And any thoughts on if such project is feasible at all are welcome too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.