stofbj

2011-11-19 7:44 pm

Attachments

• coil.jpeg
    coil.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 100

stofbj

One of the wires was broken, the inside one / start of the coil, I un-spun it and tried to wind it all back up, but after all that it still measured open circuit, think I got a few kinks in the copper wire, Even trying to sand and re solder the wire is difficult as it very thin. I will order the one I suggested so. They are a great little amp. I have one fully recapped running some very efficient vintage Philips speakers and sounds great. This one is the Wharfedale version, but exactly the same circuit. Thanks for your reply

stofbj

ok, I checked it in circuit and out of circuit and it's reading 47ohms, looking at the data sheets for the coil I posted a link too is only 8 ohms, would I be able to just put a resistor in series to bring it upto 47ohms? As long as the inductance of the coils match?

stofbj

Looking at it again, the coil I have is a single coil, not a double one, it has 4 pins soldered but the 2 small wires are only going to two of the pins, So I need a single coil with inductance of 10mH and DC resistance of 47ohms, or if possible a resistor in series. Anyone ever replace one of these on the leak amp?

Last edited: