Laserdisc AC3 demodulator circuite wanted!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I've modified my laserdisc player, and added an AC3 output. Though my amplifier has a demodulator built in, I just cant get rid of my lust to build one myself. The problem is that I cannot find any description on the modulation, nor any DIY circuitry on the web to build one.

Does anyone have any clue on how to build a demodulator circuit, so I can connect my AC3 output directly to the digital input on just any home theater reciever?

Regards,
//magnus

The one thing I can think of is to order a service manual from, let's say, Yamaha and order whatever is described on that manual and then of course you have to built your own board. The last time I looked on a Yamaha AC-3 demodulator, there is only a few components in there and the biggest component is a surface mount demodulator chip.

Dead Thread: ARISE!

Hi Swede,

That link is dead. Probably since it is nearly 4 yrs old! :) What model is your Laserdisc Player? I have an RCA LDR-600, top o' the line for its day. Had everything except the AC-3 Output. Any idea if anyone has done this player? All articles thus far are for various Pioneer players.

Cheers,

Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.