• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Large Illuminated Anti-Vandal Switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

Langir, a Chinese manufacturer of switches (amongst other things) offers a line of handsome, substantial-looking illuminated anti-vandal switches with a maximum switch rating of 250V / 5A. Similar-looking anti-vandal switches from Bulgin, e-switch and Schurter either have far lower DC switch ratings or are far more expensive than Langir's offerings. The Langir anti-vandal product line can be found at http://www.vandal-resistant-switch.com/pdf/vandal-resistant-switch.pdf

My preference is for the L25 series at the end of the .pdf, and I particularly like the blue ring variant. I'd like to gauge everyone's interest in a group buy for the following configuration: L25-F/R Z2 A R B 24

Here's a link to a photo of the switch: China Anti Vandal Pushbutton Switch (25mm) LED Lamp Available (L25F) - large image for Vandal Resistant Switch If anyone knows how to paste a photo of the switch to this thread, I'd be grateful for the help.

This model is a latching switch and the logic behind a 24 volt version is that, to my newbie perspective, its LED could be connected to diyaudio's soft start pcb in lieu of R19 and LED1 (corrections to my assumption would be appreciated). Finding a way to feed the switch's LED 24v probably wouldn't be difficult for those not using diyaudio's soft start pcb, either.

Langir has a minimum order quantity of 20 units for the single-color L25 switches. They have quoted me a price of under $9 per unit (based on 20 units). I would offer the switches at my cost, and figure that with shipping to my door, a $1/unit donation to diyaudio, paypal fees and shipping to North American addresses, the cost to you would be under $17 for the first switch and under $12 for each additional switch.

I suspect the additional expense of shipping to addresses outside of North America would unreasonably increase the delivered cost. To leverage a larger group's buying power, I invite someone in the EU to join me in hosting this group buy. Getting Langir to ship our order of switches to two addresses instead of one should be no big deal, and with larger volumes we may see slightly better delivered prices.

Sorry for rambling on. Is anyone interested?

Regards,
Scott

They're a great source of vandal-resistant switches - some of which are, as you mention, unique in their combination of features. This is their website, if I'm not mistaken.

Btw, I've ordered samples in the past and their quality is top notch. Made me wonder why there hadn't been any GBs going on. ;)

pic

illuminated-switches-l25-ring.jpg

Joined 2004
Paid Member
The switch I am proposing is anodized aluminum -- the "A" in the configuration (L25-F/R Z2 A R B 24) designates anodized aluminum instead of steel.

Can we get a rolling count on this switch? Please add your names and quantity to the list:

SRMcGee 6 units

The switch I am proposing is anodized aluminum -- the "A" in the configuration (L25-F/R Z2 A R B 24) designates anodized aluminum instead of steel.

Can we get a rolling count on this switch? Please add your names and quantity to the list:

SRMcGee 6 units
bugzbunny 3 units

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member

sts9fan:

An interesting option. There are a few differences between the two that I can see: the Langir switch is larger (switch about 28mm diameter as opposed to 22mm for the Bulgin), is anodized aluminum (silver) as opposed to the Bulgin switch's black, will be designed for a 24V supply for the LED as opposed to 12V for the Bulgin switch, has similar or better performance characteristics and is slightly cheaper. Some people may prefer the Bulgin model. I like the Langir switch and expect to buy at least 20, reselling at cost to anyone who wants one. How many I buy depends on what people tell me they want.

Regards,
Scott

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

I have placed an order with Langir for 20 units of the switch. It will be a few weeks before they arrive, but everyone who has so far expressed an interest will get first dibs. An advertisement for the excess will be posted in the "Swap Meet" area.

Thanks to everyone who has expressed an interest so far!

Regards,
Scott

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

My naivete is showing. I thought the switches I ordered were going to be natural anodized aluminum; instead, they are anodized black. They do look, though, quite beautiful. I will be contacting everyone who has expressed an interest in these switches so far. No one is bound to buy if anodized black doesn't work for you. Any excess will be listed in the Swap Meet area.

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

• Langir Switch (medium).jpg
    Langir Switch (medium).jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 3,782
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.