• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Kubelik NOS DAC kits

Yes, pin1 top left, increasing anti-clockwise. Voltages relative to TP0.

All 3 pins on each opamp exactly the same voltage? (I know 2 and 3 are connected but 7 isn't supposed to be the same).

Yellow LED still on? Please check the voltage (relative to TP0) on both sides of R62 and R40, seems to be something strange going on.

Yes, yellow light still on.
Redid one of the wire connections.
TP6,7,9 similar. TP10 now 6.8V

Checked the u7 and u8 pins again.
Does this now make a bit more sense?

U7 Pins
2 10.27V
3 10.27V
7 18.5V

U8 Pins
2 10.1V
3 10.1V
7 5.57V

closest to opamp furthest away
R62 10.25 18.3
R40 10.04 5.6

:)
Awesome, thanks loads for your help, that was great.
So, should I now reverse all of the changes I made at the beginning?

Remove the wires, the short, replace the removed components and opamps?

It sounds interesting already and it is being powered from my (fairly cheap) bench power supply and I have wires criss crossing each other everywhere.

Ah, I see.
I thought this was a test to find what I fried and then replace it then return to its original form.

I also would like to know the comparison :)
I didn't get a single note from it before it ftsssded
I shall make another one at some point and compare for sure.

Even with it powered from my bench power supply and with the fan going from that, I do like the sound.
I don't know what words to use to compare it to my Khadas Tone Board.
I am looking forward to getting a proper psu sorted (i broke the regulator as well :( )
I have some salvaged LM317s.

Anyway, I like it for sure.
It makes me smile. It is kind of a fuller sound. More depth or something. Clearer but warmer.

When I get a chance, I will see if I can work out a method of quickly swapping back and forth from the KTB to this.
I won't be putting it in permanently, that is for sure. This is definitely nicer.

Right, power for it. Then I really must get on with improving speakers.

Thanks loads for your everything. Designing, making it available, organising the kit, the price, the guide, the lovely labelling AND your help when I mess it up. All that and I get a nicer sound.

Reactions: 1 user