jordan transmisson line speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Corloc said:
Um, I have never seen anything but the VTL TL. Which is on the site. Could the wall be his experiments with OB? The Jordan site has the dimm's for the VTL

The Jordan site also has the dims for GM's much better TLs.

dave

Attachments

• jordan-4xjx92s-fr-sims.gif
    jordan-4xjx92s-fr-sims.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,735
transmission line spkrs

Thanks for replys . I guess the wall is not the correct title ,the dimensions that i would like are for the speaker on zhorn site, bottom left photo. It is a bottom opening, the speakers with the plans shown is a side opening. Currently using hornshoppe horns w/fi-x2a3 .have some birch ply laying around and a pair of fostex 108 sigmas what to do??

Re: transmission line spkrs

babgrip said:
Thanks for replys . I guess the wall is not the correct title ,the dimensions that i would like are for the speaker on zhorn site, bottom left photo. It is a bottom opening, the speakers with the plans shown is a side opening. Currently using hornshoppe horns w/fi-x2a3 .have some birch ply laying around and a pair of fostex 108 sigmas what to do??

To avoid any confusion,is this the speaker you are looking for? It has bottom opening. http://www.ejjordan.co.uk/systems/jx92_system.html

Is this suitable for Fostex 108 sigma,I have no idea...

The Wall and it is almost certainly the Jordan VTL. If I remember right, it has a slightly offset driver but otherwise identical. MJ Acoustics makes a commercial version and the page has a link to a review from HiFi News.

FWIW, I have heard both a triangular 48" MLTL and the VTL in a side by side comparison. The MLTL goes deeper but requires BSC to match the fuller tone of the VTL. A wider front MLTL might address that. They both sound good. Having seen MLSSA measurements of both, I wouldn't worry too much about the computer sims. They look much worse than the VTL sounded.

sixmoons.com has also written about and reviewed the Konus, another commercial version of the VTL.

need some help

hello everybody . . .

I want to know how does the jordan speaker sound...because i haven't got any experience wit full range speakers.
i usualy hear reggae and rock, so i want to know if it has a good responce at low frecuency...
any easy project?

thaks for your time and merry cristmas . . . . .

Re: transmission line spkrs

babgrip said:

I believe you're referring to the PAWO, which has some similarities to the VTL, but a more elaborate internal pathway. It works very well indeed with Fostex FE127's.

Fi-X 2A3 and the FE108E Sigmas could make for some luscious midrange, particularly as Dave suggested, in the Aiko enclosure - but not deafening levels of it, nor go particularly deep.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.