James Loudspeaker EMB62 Crossover Repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I picked up a pair of James EMB62 speakers at the Goodwill. The Crossover boards have been stripped of most parts. I need the values and Brand of R1,R2,R3, C4A, C4B, C5, L2,L3,L5 and whatever the part was next to the 25w resistor on the edge of the board. A shot in the dark here.

They are still in business (surprised me, I didn't even know they were a brand! :) ) have you reached out to them first?

Also, if the parts have been stripped, chances are good the previous owner didn't think the drivers worked. You should start by figuring out if any of the drivers work or not. :)

You can try powering the tweeters from a PC's headphone output if you are worried about damaging them. There's not a lot of power there.

Best,

Erik

I contacted James and received an e-mail back within the hour. I'm being helped by Chris in their engineering dept. and since the speakers are 10 yrs. old it may take some time. He is definitley going to dig up the crossover diagram. I'm impressed with this company and it's product. The drivers and tweeter all sound good, going by ear, I don't think there are any problems. I'm trying to find info on the speakers also, Peerless HDS 850594 drivers, I don't know what the tweeter is, it looks custom made, no name on it, it is suspended over the upper driver, like the old DCM. So thanks for the replies.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.