Is NJM4580D an upgraded NJM4560D ?

lalomarantz

2010-11-12 11:14 pm
I greet with great pleasure

I have a 1980 sony amplifier that uses NJM4560D as flat amplifier in tone section, i would like to upgrading performance like S/N, slew rate, THD. I think to use NJM4580D to replace NJM4560D

I have a question: can i use NJM4580D as direct upgrading of NJM4560D?

I only seek a direct replacement without modifying the circuit, I just want to desolder the NJM4560D chip and put in place the upgraded Op-amp.

I would greatly appreciate your comments regarding my question

Thank you.

Last edited:

Eldam

Banned
2012-09-13 12:25 am
France
Hi,

I should keep the NJM4580d for a I/V conversion stage in an old CD player... it can be incredible here !

I follow Molly with the NE 5532. But IMO sometimes problematic with the trebles or high-medium (lack of definition?) but I'm not sure it will be a problem in a tone section of your amplifier.

Mooly

Administrator
Paid Member
2007-09-15 8:14 am
Hi,

I should keep the NJM4580d for a I/V conversion stage in an old CD player... it can be incredible here !

I follow Molly with the NE 5532. But IMO sometimes problematic with the trebles or high-medium (lack of definition?) but I'm not sure it will be a problem in a tone section of your amplifier.

The 5532 can give less than ideal results I find, when used as an I/V convertor but I suspect this is down to the bjt front end reacting (demodulating) the HF hash present from the DACoutputs. No such issues when used as a "gain block" such as a tone control.

Who's Molly ? :D