integrated amplifiers

Hi Dave.
-You can use an integrated amp as a poweramp only. What basically makes the difference between an integrated- and a poweramp is the possibility to change between signalsources, and turn up/down the volumn.
-Assuming the setup is a stereo-setup, the diagram on the link is not quite correct, since the signals from the mixer to the main EQ, EQ to the crossover, and from the crossover to the poweramps are in stereo, and the EQ and the crossover are stereounits


2001-09-17 9:27 pm
So does that mean that I could use one stereo active crossover for my stereo speakers? Or does each speaker need its own stereo or mono active crossover? I'm just a little confused on this issue. I was looking at a page here and I'm not sure how you utilize the crossover. Do you run a stereo rca cable from your signal to the crossover and then run mono cables from the left and right high and low pass to your 2 seperate amplifiers? One amp would get the high pass from both channels while another received the low pass from both channels, right? Thanks for educating me on this.



2001-06-01 4:53 pm
To have a stereo, bi-amped system, you need a stereo crossover and two stereo amplifiers - a total of 2 crossovers and 4 amplifiers.
The stereo crossover has 2 inputs (Left and Right) and 4 outputs (Left high, left low, Right high, right low).
You have to use one stereo amp for high and one stereo amp for low to ensure the gain is the same for left and right channels. So you'd run a stereo cable from the high outputs to one amp, and another stereo cable from the low outputs to a second amp. Then one amp feeds the tweeters, and the other amp feeds the woofers.
Does that make sense?
Check out the articles at for more info on biamping.