Inductance value?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jing,

Sorry those numbers don't mean anything to me. Perhaps post a picture? Also, a little context. Did you pull them from a speaker? Did they fall out of the sky? These could help.

Best,

Erik
Thanks Erik,

Yes they are pulled out from speakers, with a 2.5 way cover like this:

uploadfromtaptalk1463552108399.jpg

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I'm telling you the following facts..

The value of inductance that resonates with 3u9F at 4kHz is 400uH.

The load value that damps this LC for -6db at the knee happens to be 5 ohms, just saying.

You haven't given us enough information to be any more precise than this, it just isn't that simple.

However, I think it is an excellent guess considering that many 8 ohm tweeters are at approximately 5 ohms and near resistive around where they are typically crossed, and reasonably flat in their response. 390uH is a commonly available value.

What might 4104 and 4117 mean? :D

549916d1463552108-inductance-value-uploadfromtaptalk1463552108399.jpg

Well, IMO, 0.4mH might be a reasonable value for a tweeter coil, but 1.7mH would be excessive as a bass coil in an unspecified parallel MTM bass circuit. 0.5-1mH makes more sense.

So whatever those numbers might mean, you really just have to measure. Buy an inductance meter. About £70. :cool:

Better than Ouija Boards, magic pendulums, numerology and all that other guessing. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Coil Interaction 1mH 0.2mH 3.3uF.jpg
    Coil Interaction 1mH 0.2mH 3.3uF.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 35
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.