• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

I-Mod POD 40GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi people, I doubled up when doing a DIY iPOD line-out mod recently so I have one spare. It's been done with solid silver teflon and wired directly to the line-out pins.
Very similar to this but the headphone-out is left intact ;)
It comes with a Sync doc that has been modified with film output caps and I've built several SMD class D amps so all work is clean and tidy.
The Pod is Mint and it has a very strong battery.
Oh yes, it has Rockbox on there for playing FLAC etc, but can be reset to regular ipod if required.
Looking to see if there is any interest

Thanks
Lee

Thanks, Lee. I have been looking at 60 and 80GB iPods lately, and frankly forgot that Red Wine offered mods to some iPods. I might be interested in yours if the price isn't too far off my budget. Keep us posted on offers that come in or total cost if you come up with one.

Thanks again!

Chris

Nice looking work! Will she still work with a stock iPod dock? Have you done all the same mods that Red Wine do? They seem to be the following (cut & pasted from their site):

The low quality stock SMT coupling caps after the internal Wolfson (before the stock opamp)

Opamp output stage

The low quality stock SMT coupling caps after the opamp output stage

The minuscule circuit board traces that carries the analog line-out signal

SMD resistors and inductors directly in the signal path

The signal path inside the stock iPod dock, which contains: the dock connector plug, a very cheap ribbon cable, more minuscule pcb traces, SMD resistors, and finally the line out jack.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.