I fell into a coma in 1997 and awoke last month...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well not literally, but in the speaker building sense! :D

I was an avid speaker builder from about 1992 to 1997 when I built my last set of speakers and went to college. I recently decided to built a HT system and the bug bit hard again!

Boy has a lot changed, namely the internet (incredible access to knowledge, resources and other people), Chinese manufacturing (cheap prices!) and digital technology. It's a whole new world and I've been eating it up the past few weeks before deciding to post.

I'm in my early 40's, have 3 kids (4th due in April!) and own my own company, we manufacture performance products for VW and Audi vehicles (www.034motorsport.com).

I've been posting on forums since the late 90's and have started a few of my own, I'm very familiar with etiquette and I've been extremely impressed with how constructive, mature and technical the interactions are here. And moderators, this is my 1st post, I'm not a spam-bot I promise :p

I have access to some pretty incredible engineering resources, but I'm planning a project that I can do at home in my garage the old fashioned way. I'll post a project thread soon but I'm planning a pair of 4-way towers for a dedicated 2-channel audio system (HT is in the other room). I'd like to use some unique construction techniques and have been quite inspired by some of the projects I've seen here. It's funny, initially I thought to build some speakers using stacks of plywood, turns out that wasn't an original idea and there is a lot of that already going on!

I talked the wife into letting me convert our rarely used living room into a listening room, I've been researching options non-stop, and just when I think I have it figured out I see something cool and change my mind. My ideas area WIP and there is so much I'm learning and being exposed to that it feels slightly overwhelming at times.

I have a bunch of Adcom amps/components I'm planning on using and am very intrigued with the miniDSP 2x8.

So anyway that's me, it's great to see what is going on in the speaker building community and I'm very excited to get to know some of you better!

Cheers!
Javad Shadzi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.