hifonics hawk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Without the rectifiers in the circuit, you won't have any rail voltage. You'll either have to install the rectifiers, leaving out the shorted leg or use the voltage rating of the rail caps to determine the approximate rail voltage.

If the rail voltage is less than ±100v, the MUR1620CT and MUR1620CTR may work.

i was able to check rail voltage at the caps and i have less then 0.5v. i took apart a known working hawk that i have and was 20v. i never removed the rectifiers out of the defective amp. i left them in the board to check for diode test and resistance check to see if they were leaking. i also did a comparison on both units. the defective unit rectifiers reading never settled. should i remove the rectifiers from the board and recheck or move on to TL594 ic?

after removing the rectifiers i had no out put from pin 9 and 10. i was however able to trace the circuit to the over current protecting circuit Q4; i started with the middle leg of the rectifier and started checking everything that was attached to that leg back. after everything checked OK, i re soldered the components back and it powered up with 10v on both pos and neg rails. i remember reading in your lecture notes that you had said, sometimes all it takes it to remove a component and it might start working again. para phrasing there but point said.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.