Here is an Accuphase AD-9 schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Folks,

I got the chance to take a look to a Accuphase AD-9 PCB ( Phono preamp module ) before usage. So I would like to see how the "High-End" boil thier water...
Attached you can find a schematic get from PCB wiring. A few values are missing ( Zehner diodes ) and power supply voltage but it may be interesting for you.
!Have in mind, that it is possible that I do mistakes!

Have a nice week,

best regards
Karsten

Attachments

• Accuphase-D9.pdf
    57.1 KB · Views: 711
Glad you asked. Here is a cheap integrated from a distinctly non audiophile company. Regulation is similar to the Accuphase. Part quality likely is not.

Attachments

• akai A70 riaa.JPG
    akai A70 riaa.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 809
Hello,

We should not forget, that the development of the AD-9 Phono module may several years ago. Today it is more wise to use an LT1115 or similar and a nice little Op-Amp for DC-servo.
But I often heard, that some "magic" is inside discrete setups. I never understand this personaly; all the thermal issues as well as the accurate selection of the FET/Transistors used for the differentional amplifier will lead you in lot of problems and.. is more expensive as an integrated version.

Regards
Karsten

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.