• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help to Identify


2010-07-21 11:21 pm
Help to Identify Circuit

I went to a local rubbish tip today & found a small vented metal box which had 2 4 pin sockets on the rear that looked liked the old 4 pin speaker connectors. On the front there was a numbered dial a switch with a lamp & another unmarked dial.

Anyway I grabbed it & opened it up once at home.

At first it looked like it maybe a small amplifier of sorts but there is an Inductor I think which has contact points on it. Also there is a 6H6GT valve which makes me unsure what it is, so is it maybe an old valve Oscillator or something.

I'm not really sure what it is but someone here may know, I have taken some pictures & attached them.

The Valves are 2 X 6X5G 1 X 12AU7A 1 X 6H6GT & 1 X 6SN7GT.



  • Pictures.zip
    677 KB · Views: 29
Last edited: