gamers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i've noticed that many have posted on this forum regarding lcd's from nintendo/ playstation lcds. keep in mind that, a typical game, as well as a typical tv signal, only has a res of 320x224. if that's all you're trying to do(play games), you may as well give it a shot.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3634&perpage=15&pagenumber=21
Muzzman's dont look too bad. Really good for a 5.6" psone screen!

"320x224"
tv res. yes but muzzman is guessing they are about 400x220. Not bad for a cheap screen. May not be dvd quality but good enuff for watching my dish and psone on. PC games I dunno, depends what ones.;) When I get mine done I'll post a pic too. But I'm only going for 4' with it. I imagine that at 10' wouldnt look right. Too pixely.

Why big screen for PC games?

I'm not sure I understand some people's enthusiasm for big screen projection when it comes to PC games... when I sit right in front of my monitor (1.5' away?) it fills a large part of my field of view. Actually it fills the part of my field of view that is comfortable, practical, and useful for me. I really don't need it to be any larger. If I played my PC game on a 4' screen I would sit much further back, and it would fill approximately the same size area in my field of view.

Now my 27" TV in my living room on the other hand, is 13' away from me as I sit on my sofa. The area is fills in my field of view is tiny and I would like it to be a lot bigger. Hence my interest in DIY video projection.

I am also an PC game enthusiast and I see no benefit to using a projector to play my games.

Just thought some people might want to reconsider their reasoning for building themselves a projector if their primary purpose is to play games with it.

-Schmanthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.