Full-range, two-way ESL

This Hale haunts me, only with these two ESL packages:
 

Attachments

  • Изображение WhatsApp 2024-02-12 в 17.09.08_e6ee6407.jpg
    Изображение WhatsApp 2024-02-12 в 17.09.08_e6ee6407.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 61
There are several changes to the current state of the audio system.
Firstly, I finally got rid of a couple of parasitic resonances in the mid-bass register by installing a memory form tape on the back of the bass segment, it divided the radiating panel at the back into two equal parts, I don’t know how this affected the destruction of the resonance, perhaps due to the physical size rear panels 50/50cm. divided into two 20 cm each.))). In general, this is an empirical decision, not fully realized.

Next about the amplifier, I received from the author of the product two new modules with an output load impedance of 1 Ohm, which I needed for RF drivers.
This guy also developed new power supplies specifically for these amplifier modules, previously I used Chinese ones from Aliexpress, they were too noisy and got incredibly hot, for them I made a huge battery of cooling radiators, now, with the new power supplies, the radiators are completely cold, now they are serve as decoration))).

As for the connecting cables, I made all the connecting cables, starting from the head of the vinyl player and ending with all the rest, from mono strands of silver of the highest standard (999.9%) and screened everything very high quality, I bought the silver in a specialized store for jewelers.
The sound with noble silver is absolutely clear and realistic, it immediately caught my eye.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20231120_112547[1].jpg
    IMG_20231120_112547[1].jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20240301_111303[1].jpg
    IMG_20240301_111303[1].jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20240219_121905[1].jpg
    IMG_20240219_121905[1].jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20240224_093150[1].jpg
    IMG_20240224_093150[1].jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20240301_111501[1].jpg
    IMG_20240301_111501[1].jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20240301_111512[1].jpg
    IMG_20240301_111512[1].jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20240301_111533[1].jpg
    IMG_20240301_111533[1].jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20240227_004541[1].jpg
    IMG_20240227_004541[1].jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20240227_004655[1].jpg
    IMG_20240227_004655[1].jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user
Небольшое обновление в настройках звука.
НЧ-диапазон я подключил через активный кроссовер; раньше к нему подключались только высокочастотные частоты.
Так как повышающие трансформаторы в низкочастотном диапазоне отсекают всё выше 1000Гц, я думал, что нет необходимости прибегать к кроссоверу, но проблема была в крутизне спада после 1000Гц, он был слишком пологим.

В этот раз я сделал линию среза на частоте 500Гц, мои изогнутые твитеры работают ровно до этой частоты внизу.
Поскольку кроссовер урезает ширину АЧХ со спадом на 24 дБ, это очень хорошо сказалось на звуке в целом, стереокартина стала более эшелонированной, тембры инструментов стали более естественными, а большинство главное, субъективно уровень ВЧ увеличился, пришлось его немного снизить.
Проблема с фильтрами первого порядка (где происходит плавный спад частот) и там, где частоты, излучаемые излучателями разных физических размеров, пересекаются, состоит в том, что на стыке получается интерференционная каша и определенная область размывается, это даже влияет на низкие частоты.

Делаю замеры низкочастотного блока, микрофон установлен на расстоянии 40 см, как мы видим основной резонанс помещения (30 Гц) дает о себе знать.
В качестве демпфера между двумя пакетами по три мембраны каждый, эти пакеты находятся в отдельных пепельных чехлах, скреплены лягушачьими зажимами, я проложил упаковочный материал с пузырьками воздуха, работает.

 

Attachments

  • IMG_20240417_101920.jpg
    IMG_20240417_101920.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20240417_101740.jpg
    IMG_20240417_101740.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20240417_101724.jpg
    IMG_20240417_101724.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20240417_110122.jpg
    IMG_20240417_110122.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 20
Of course I tried, I put a spacer between two packages (each with 3 membranes and 4 stators), with a distance of 10 to 20 cm, and even made the effect of a slightly open book (here it is at the beginning of the thread), then I was looking for how to get rid of the pronounced resonance of 136Hz and its highest harmonics, I even bought a parametric equalizer then to accurately influence this frequency, but the equalizer was digital, and I listen to analogue as well, and this was a contradiction :).
Next, I looked for how to empirically get rid of parasitic resonances and slowly began to feel for it and yes, I continue to do so.