• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: adapter PCBs for Bourns EM14 series optical encoder

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Because of the tiny distance of only 1.27 mm between the pins of Bourns EM14 encoder I made an adapter board for the standard (2.54mm pitch) pin connector. I needed only 4 of them so I sell the rest. The board is only compatible with the straight pin encoder version with the mounting bracket: EM14xxB-xx-Lxxxx (mind the B and L letters in the encoder's part number, see also attached example image).

Price: 3 Euro/PCB. (bare board, no encoder or pin headers)
6 boards available.
Shipment worldwide: 2 Euro
Payment via paypal.

I also offer a limited quantity of the adapter PCBs for another good quality encoder shown in the post below.

PM if interested!

Regards,
Oleg

Attachments

• EncoderBoard.png
    EncoderBoard.png
    380 KB · Views: 150
  • EncoderBoardExample.png
    EncoderBoardExample.png
    574 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
I have recently tried another optical encoder from Broadcom with 32 detents/pulses per revolution. The tactile feel when rotating it is really nice due to slight mechanical klicks as it turns. It has no built in push-button switch but otherwise is a very good part. The exact model shown in the pictures below has 6mm diameter shaft and mounting bracket. I made an adapter PCB for this encoder to avoid mechanically loading its pins. The pins are also a bit too short for a typical pinhead female wire connector and the adapter solves this issue.

Regards,
Oleg

Attachments

• HRPG.Encoder.1.jpg
    HRPG.Encoder.1.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 84
  • HRPG.Encoder.2.jpg
    HRPG.Encoder.2.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 84
  • HRPG.Encoder.Adapter.PCB.jpg
    HRPG.Encoder.Adapter.PCB.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 86
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.