• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Fostex FE103en in a Frugal-Horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, guys. Can't seem to find a definitive answer to this after much searching. Does a fe103en work well in a frugal horn? I have a pair of them in really small bass reflex boxes and as expected they are missing much of the bass. I really like the sound of these drivers in the mids and highs so I want to see if I can get a little more bass out of them. I'm not expecting big bass but maybe good down to about 70Hz would be realistic? Thanks.

Thanks for the fast response. How low do you think they can go in the frugal horn? Will they decent bass down to about 70hz? I have a powered subwoofer I can use but right now I have to cross it over close to cross it over higher than I'd like to because I can hear the bass coming from the sub. Not exactly a seamless transition. Honestly if I can get decent upper and mid bass I'd be happy. I also like the frugal horn because later on I can try different drivers in them to see what I like best. Thanks.
Matt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.