• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale: DIY O2 for repair or parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking to sell my malfunctioning O2 for repair or parts. Bought second hand, and it came broke...and the seller disappeared. Yep, that's why you ask for credibility before you buy. I tried my hand at fixing the O2 but just made a mess of things, so now I just want to cut my losses and get it to someone with more experience rather than the bin.

DIY O2:
Features:
  • Rear 1/4'' jack
  • Bambo Face Plate
  • black painted aluminum enclosure
  • Triad powersupply
  • 2 Rechargable tenergy 9V batteries
  • Extra 2 capacitors (the kind used in c19 and c20)
Issues:
  • Distortion, heavily in the lower frequency range
  • Poorly put together to begin with, with flux everywhere.
  • My messed up attempts at fixing the apparently broken bits (cold solders at R1, R2, R16, R22, all of which are new components replacing the damaged old ones)
  • Another effect of my bad soldering, the R1 and R2 resistors (big ones soldered to the bottom of the board) need to be redone, as they stick out too much and prevent the 1/4'' jack from fitting where is is supposed to.
  • Missing a screw (the last straw for most people ;) )

Selling for $50 shipped to continental United States, PayPal fees included. Should make a nice project for the weekend to get a great amp for cheap.

For pictures see the head fi posting here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.