FaitalPRO 3FE25 + Peerless Passive Radiator 830878 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been spamming the board with questions a lot lately and I apologize in advance. I'm really good in some areas of audio but... anyways...

FaitalPRO 3FE25 3" Professional Full-Range Woofer 4 Ohm
FaitalPRO 3FE25 3" Professional Full-Range Woofer 4 Ohm!

Peerless by Tymphany 830878 3-1/2" Passive Radiator
Peerless by Tymphany 830878 3-1/2" Passive Radiator

I've been trying to build a micro sized Bluetooth speaker. Like, TINY.
As in, .03 to .05 cubic foot sized. Smaller than 1.5 liters.
And I know it'll be cheaper to buy an OEM product but blah-blah, not what I'm interested in!

I've got an Aurasound NS3 4ohm that I just haven't gotten to work like I want. I think the biggest problem right now is power. I'm using three each 18650 batteries in series for ~12V capability. With a 50 amp channel, I'm guessing that's around 20-25 watts actual power. Unverified.
The NS3 is power hungry though. I'm just not getting the volume I want in a loud pool/darts bar to compete with the overhead sound system.
I know that'll never be possible, but I just want it loud enough to be heard well.
AND the NS3 not good off-axis so it needs a tweeter.

So I'm trying to come up with some way to get a high efficiency speaker (Faital Pro) to get to 80hz -3b with authority but it wants a much larger box.
So I'm thinking... what about a passive radiator?

Problem is, I know nothing about designing passive radiator boxes.
And what I'm reading is, you need to design a ported enclosure. Then make the passive radiator whichever size you were going to use for the port.
But a ported box is too big.

Any suggestions/ideas?

I haven't thought this all through yet, it's a new idea!
Supposed to be "at work" right now and then I'm heading out to watch OKC beat the Warriors in a bit. :D

Last edited:
The FaitalPro has way more volume but hits xmax so soon that I have to limit power to the point where when NS3 + FaitalPro hit their respective xmax, both have same overall SPL with the NS3 getting a lot lower.
Ugh...
And WinISD's Passive Radiator for Faital doesn't even look as good as the sealed box for Faital at the same size.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.