Elektor Equa Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is the circuit diagram in the magazine

Attachments

• Circuit diagram.png
    Circuit diagram.png
    688 KB · Views: 3,687
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yes, I built it! My first amp!

A lot of the, we're built around the mid 1970 's. I really struggled with the hum, but that was not the fault of the amp but my lack of knowledge of grounding etc.

Nice retro amp - of course today things have progressed considerably, and you may want to try something more modern if its performance you are after. But, nice little classic amp!

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I would say that would be a good amp to start with. AC coupled and speaker friendly.

That type of single ended design tends to be much more forgiving to less than perfect construction and layout techniques, and not least, that topology can be one of the nicest sounding too.

Hi Dadod, that looks very nice. I am sorry I did not look at it more closely earlier. I missed some of the details like the TMC connection to the input transistor emitter. No one else seems to have commented on this, would you care to elaborate?

Best wishes
David

Hi Dave, catalin in his thread used it and I tried it in my first TMC amp. You can find more information here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/186981-bootstrapsccs-t-tmc-15.html#post3197373

Hi Dave, catalin in his thread used it and I tried it in my first TMC amp...

Thanks for the link, I never noticed the idea before.
The increase in the emitter resistors probably makes it a little too noisy for my application, directly connected to very efficient compression drivers.
But it looks like a very nice amp for any normal application.
The OP would be much better with this than the antiquated Elektor.;)

Best wishes
David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.