• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Edcor CXPP100-MS-5K- anyone used this (or similar 100W) output transformer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thinking of getting output transformers for my screen-drive project. Would be nice to have a transformer that can do 100W, as I MIGHT be able to touch 80 watts output with my current design alignment (550V B+, 5KCT primary, using 6JB6, in screen drive- around 220ma plate current at max output, 3-5ma at idle, per tube).

I had heard some good comments about OTHER Edcor transformers from various people here, and was wondering about the CXPP100-MS-5K... 100 watt PP, 5KCT primary, with 0-4-8-16 secondary taps.

Douglas (Bandersnatch) has mentioned good results with the Hammond 1650R; however, I'm just a bit suspicious (maybe unreasonably so, I admit) of Hammonds... and I would like to know if the Edcor might be a little more high-performance, especially in the high-end (high frequency) area.

Douglas also mentioned a REALLY NICE Heyboer design... but it kind of blows the budget at this point. I could fork over say, up to $125 each, but $250 each... the project would have to wait a while to accumulate THAT kind of "fun money"...

Any comments greatly welcomed! Or, alternative suggestions equally welcomed!

Thanks!

Regards,
Gordon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.