Dynaudio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi-

I purchased an immaculate used car with the Dynaudio sound system in it. It sounds fantastic for an OEM system. Fantastic.

However I have one issue that I am hoping to "adjust"..

The stereo separation is absolute. The sound on in the left seat comes from the left door and the sound in the right seat comes from the right door.

Sitting in the middle (straddling the arm rest) is PERFECT imaging.. However on each side there is no stereo image at all. The image is at the dashboard side air vents.

Does anyone have any experience with this system?

From what I gather the radio is generic.

The amp is a 10 channel signal processed(delay, XO, etc.) design with 110x2 for the woofers, 40x2 for the mids and 20x2 for the tweeters in the front doors and then whatever is in the back doors.

The speakers are 6.5" or 7" woofers, 2" dome mids and 3/4" tweeters in the front and 6.5" or 5.25" woofers and 3/4" tweeters in the back.

I am hoping there is something that can be done to the signal processing in the amp or maybe artificially adding cross talk between the mid-range channels.

If neither of those I will have to replace the head unit with an aftermarket one that has DSP and can compensate for the Dynaudio amp imaging.

Thank you in advance for any help.

I do have a balance on the radio and I have to turn the balance control 1/3rd the way to the right to get the singers voices to move from the left air vent to the steering wheel directly in front of me. 1/3rd to the right and it doesn't even shift to center dash that's how absolute the separation is. And then the person on the right hears absolutely no left channel.

I know that the imaging is a minor issue since everything else is spectacular but if I could fix the imaging the system would be next to perfect.. It would need at least one "real" sub to be perfect but it would be as close as a factory system I've ever heard came.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.