• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Dynaco (Dynaclone) PA060 transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got it from Troide Electronics in the U.S.

The thing is that, after i had got the package (it's containing maintransformer, 2 output transformers and a choke) i found out that the firm sold a 240v transformer which gave me a little scare. That there might be a chance that so is. The scheme which i downloaded from TE shows this 117v, which confirms my suspicon.

I can put in pictures and schemes (dynaco and transformer) in 30 mins...

Attachments

• dynacotrans.pdf
    11.9 KB · Views: 131
new transformer

Attachments

• trafo2.jpg
    trafo2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 240
Hi,

If it has a purple and purple/white lead then it is the export version. This version can be wired for a 117v or 240v primary but you need to join the primary leads together in different ways to achieve this. I used to have a wiring diagram for this transformer and will continue to look. In the meantime, email Matt at Triode, he will send you a wiring diagram - they are very good over there.

Cheers,

Rob

Hi again Andreas,

Sounds like you might have the 117v version. Did you specify to triode that you needed the 240v version?

Anyhow, all is not lost. Whilst I cannot speak for triode, I have found them very good and I am sure that they will swap transformers for you - I guess that the postage costs are a bit of a killer however....

Good luck again,

Rob

I did'nt manage to listen to it for long before the output-transformator did die... But what i heard was indeed very promising! As you see it looks very nice, and the price isn't that bad either. I guess about 200 Canadian dollars? and then you also get some decent tubes:) ...but not the red RCA which i bought because i wanted 2 try them... and also because of the colors. Red.. Like the board;)

Dr. Peppard is a retired doctor in electronics, and the business is a low-profit business where he just produces what's ordered. So you might have to wait for 1,5months or so before you get it. http://hollowstate.netfirms.com/specialred.htm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.