Dual Ganged Stereo Volume Control


2013-01-29 6:33 pm

I have a 2.1 speaker system with a RCA/analog Stereo input. This is connected to my TV which has a fixed audio output only, so I cannot control the volume using the TV remote. I have a RCA extension from the TV's output to the speaker input and am planning to add a volume control on this extension wire.

Browsing thru the forum I saw a suggestion to use a "100K Dual-Ganged Stereo Volume Control" 100K Dual-Ganged Stereo Volume Control - RadioShack.com However I noticed the input impedance of my speaker is 4ohms (Z623 Technical Specifications - Logitech FAQ). Will this control work with my speaker system? If not, could someone suggest an alternative? Thanks!