Denon avr1910 amplifier repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

My denon avr1910 amplifier has blown a transistor due to water being splashed on it. The blown transistor is on the front-panel circuit board - it's a D2390 96p. Unfortunately I cannot find one of these transistors online.

Would anyone happen to know how to obtain one or if there is a suitable alternative? For example I am able to source a D2390 61p.

thanks in advance!

Joined 2014
Paid Member
It is AVC1910 not AVR
I have no manual but a front panel transistor will be a switching transistor I expect. The AVC1909 states that the front panel is not serviceable and there is no schematic.

How do you know its a completely different model number? OP said AVR-1910 which is definately a real model. I think I even have one in the shed.

Many thanks for all your replies - and for the link to the manual.

I think nec3 is right - it's a 2SD2390Y, it's on p72 of the manual at the bottom right of the schematic.

I'm pretty confident that this is the fault point because there's a sort of blast-radius emanating from the transistor on the PCB and the transistor has already gone rusty (the water was salty).

I've bought a 2SD2390 from Farnell.

I'll clean the gunk off the pcb, replace the transistor and keep my fingers crossed!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.