decoupling caps

I am going to use burr brown drv134 opamps for a project. ti site schematic shows a cap on each voltage input. Both are 1uf no are details are specified about cap. Maybe decoupling caps are on the output stage, which are specified. Anyway i am a beginner and just want to get the correct caps between power supply and op amps.
Thanks

dhaen

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
2002-06-10 12:01 pm
U.K.
www.keystrobe.co.uk
Decoupling requirements are not set in stone. They depend on layout, supply source impedance and other circuit details. Treat these as other opamps. Have a search of the forum for designs and look at what others have done around their opamps, for ideas.
You also might look at another manufacturer's application notes for a functionally equivalent device.
Analog devices make the SSM2142 which is a drop-in replacement for the DRV134. I consider them interchangeable.
SSM2142

NB AFAIK there are no other equivalents.

:cop: Thread moved to Electronics and Parts for bigger a audience

dhaen

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
2002-06-10 12:01 pm
U.K.
www.keystrobe.co.uk
Caps up to 1uF are small enough and affordable in non-polar types. Above this capacity, it is common to use a polar capacitor with a smaller non-polar cap in parallel.

If you are using several chips on the same board close together, it is usually ok to use one pair of larger polar caps, and a pair of smaller non-polar caps per chip. Mount these as close to the chip supply pins as praciticable. Try to keep a low impedance ground plane.