Dangerous outlaw arrested at Texas checkpoint

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dangerous Outlaw Willie Nelson
Detained by Border Patrol

By Scott Galindez, Reader Supported News

27 November 10

n a major coup for the border patrol's war on drug smuggling on the Mexican border, authorities seized 6 ounces of marijuana and detained notorious pot-smoking outlaw Willie Nelson. Nelson was detained after a border patrol officer heroically boarded his tour bus after detecting a pungent scent in the air
US Border Patrol spokesman Bill Brooks said Nelson's tour bus was stopped at a checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, Texas, at about 9 a.m. on Friday. He said an officer smelled pot when a door was opened and a search turned up 6 ounces of marijuana.

Brooks said Nelson was among three people arrested.

Nelson and his crew were reportedly on their way to Austin following a gig in California. The arrest did not take place on the border, but at a checkpoint well inside the United States.

When news of the arrest leaked to Twitter, tweeters were shocked and Nelson shot up to the top of the trending list.

Comedian John Fugelsang pointed out that while Willie Nelson was arrested in Texas for 6 ounces of cannabis, God, who produces it naturally across globe, is still at large.

A popular retweet: "They arrested Willie Nelson for weed?!? That's like arresting Santa for breaking and entering."

Rock guitarist Slash tweeted: "All things considered, Willie Nelson should have a federal issue, no limit marijuana license. End of story."

However, others tweeted that they would be able to sleep better knowing that Nelson is off the streets.

It didn't take long for Sage Francis to start a new "hash" tag: #FreeWilly.

According to multiple media sources Nelson was released after posting bail in the amount of $2,500.

While I mixed in a little satire, the sad thing is that this is a true story. How many of you would have even looked for the pot? I think I would have told Willie to make sure the driver didn't get stoned, and to have a nice day. After I got his autograph of course.

No doubt the smoke roiled out the door when it was first opened...kinda like "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". What a harmless individual Willie.........He has some sort of affliction doesn't he? .... that 'requires' a medical treatment?
Most of us over fifty have enough aches & pains, systemic conditions that 'should' make us legit to smoke the stuff.

__________________________________________________Rick......

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
6 ounces ? i don't know what kind of lame stuff you smoke overthere but overhere that's enough to render an entire herd of elephants incapacitated for over a month.
Not getting into the (political) discussion of legalizing,
but i know that pot is not as harmless as some people think.
It sometimes leads to psychotic episodes, short-term memory is severely affected and it's MUCH worse for your lungs than tobacco.
I'm not saying anyone owning or using it should be criminalized,
just that some caution in legalizing it is called for.

Klaas

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Don't worry about Nelson's pot. He lives on Maui. I've smoked the same stuff he does.
And yes, 6 ounces is insane!

On second thought, maybe he couldn't get Maui Wowie on the mainland and needed to up the dose of the inferior mainland stuff. And supply the whole crew. ;)

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I don't like Marijuana, I just like the smell of it.

I remember when my father (right off the salami boat) came to visit me in college my Junior year in our trashed house in Champaign. There was a gaping hole next to the toilet where you could see into the basement. He gave us some tips on the "Tomato Plants" growing in the corner. Now I don't know what engineering students do in Italy, but I am quite sure they don't secretly grow tomato plants under $3000 of halogen lights.

College was the final frontier of irresponsibility for me. Sometimes, I wish I could revisit those days just for a little while.

I predict within 15 more years it will be legal. There is just too much tax revenue and great music to be made...

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
even if I abandoned all sorts of drek many moons ago ( except coffee , tobacco and 1dl of apple brandy/week) , this episode is just fookin hilarious ;

yeah - I know - Law must be same for all .......... but isn't .

so - book 'em all ...... I mean all Nelsons :rofl:

send them to E. Chair !!

I don't know what engineering students do in Italy, but I am quite sure they don't secretly grow tomato plants under $3000 of halogen lights.
There's also the fear of "financiers guards" that secretly monitor your average
electrical consumptions and may send some officer in your house to seek for some green relief plants...Also helicopters with special camera sensitive to that particular green radiation are said so ...not to mention the infamous informers:mad:

There's also the fear of "financiers guards" that secretly monitor your average
electrical consumptions and may send some officer in your house to seek for some green relief plants...Also helicopters with special camera sensitive to that particular green radiation are said so ...not to mention the infamous informers:mad:

It's something that should be just left alone... largely harmless and those who create problems in association with it are those who create problems no matter what.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Ah so many drug related stories to tell my grandchildren...funniest ones happened at airports.

DIY, GIY and SDFY. I have all I need.

d2.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.