Dale resistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm looking for dale resistors for the tweeters of my speakers, I found some vishay, wirewounds, the vishay reference is RWM06222R70JA15E1 (this is for the 2.7 ohms)
are they the dale resistors usually used in loudspeakers ?

Thanks for any information

Not "RWM". Should read "RWNI" for non inductive. That's fine. If this is true, that's only my guess. I don't know about the dales. The other thing to make sure is the right power on the RW series from 10 to 80W.

Attachments

• rwbyvishay.pdf
    96.4 KB · Views: 43
Thanks Inductor and hermanv for the information.

Maybe I should precise what I am looking for. I have tested sandcast and mox (or eagle, I believe they are the same) resistors. In the mox, I likes the warm character (lot of body), fori nstance on male voices, but found them also agressive, too much dynamic, and lacking harmonics.

The sand cast are much smoother, with more harmonics (more beautiful timbres) but lacks the warm character of the mox.

So in fact, I'm looking for a resistor that has the smoothness of the sand cast with the warmth of the mox (and beautiful timbres also).

I thought the dale were close to that but I'm interrested by any suggestions you could have..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.