D-PAK and D2-PAK fred diodes - clarification in mounting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I’m trying to use surface mount D2-PAK Hexfred (IR HFA06TB120S) to construct a compact full-wave bridge. However, I find the data sheet ambiguous as to the proper mounting configuration.

As with the D-PAK, it appears to be more straightforward when the 2 left/right pins are clearly shown as anodes and the tab and middle pin as cathodes. With the D2-PAK, the left pin is described as N/C (I can’t find an exact description for this label in the data sheet), the right pin is A (anode) while the tab is K (base, but seems like a cathode terminal). Anyone kind enought to offer clarification here?

http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/hfa06tb120s.pdf

Also, what will be the appropriate heatsinking method for this type of SMD package?

thanks, in that case I think it safe to assume that they can be used directly as drop in replacements for conventional diodes (IN4007 types) in a bridge configuration.

this rather sounds a straightforward and more simplistic approach but I haven't yet seen posts showing or illustrating this kind of work by other forum members neither in pics or diagrams.

but there seems to be a deluge of snubberized TO220's everywhere. just an observation.

i think it to be a practical solution over the latter where space contraints and economics are critical considerations given equal or better performance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.