Curious about Bags of Coloured Crystals

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

This is an obscure request. With possible more reference to Alchemy than Audio.

I have been told about small bags of crystals that people tape to their leads with apparent improvement of quality. I am not sure if I am having my leg pulled as I cant find anything on the web.
Has any body heard of this product and could they supply a URL

Many Thanks

dhugo

Mikrp Pebbles

I hope the Scotch Tape that holding the Bags on is Audiophile Quality !!!

Attachments

• Mikro Pebles.jpg
    Mikro Pebles.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 332
Its not a joke.

The natural vibrations from the crystals keep the dielectric in the cable from settling down and getting compacted, which leads to a dull and heavy sound to the music.

Within 2 - 3 weeks of tying on the crystals (less if you do it to a new cable) you will notice a deeper sound stage and the music will be clear as a bell.

It works because every crystal has a natural resonance - this is the same principle that makes quartz crystals in your computer work - and the bag of crystals gives you a broadband resonance because every crystal has a different frequency.

Last edited:
Its not a joke.

The natural vibrations from the crystals keep the dielectric in the cable from settling down and getting compacted, which leads to a dull and heavy sound to the music.

Within 2 - 3 weeks of tying on the crystals (less if you do it to a new cable) you will notice a deeper sound stage and the music will be clear as a bell.

It works because every crystal has a natural resonance - this is the same principle that makes quartz crystals in your computer work - and the bag of crystals gives you a broadband resonance because every crystal has a different frequency.

Are you serious ?...
The only thing that will resonate is the bank accounts of the
eventual seller/buyer..
Loud for the former and hollow for the latter..

Lol. shouldn't you tie bags of crystals to every capacitor in your amp and source just in case the dielectric gets "compacted":rolleyes:

Got to hand it to them for dreaming this up though.

How it actually works: You spent money, your brain tells you it sounds better.
If you did not know the crystals were there you would never hear the "improvement"

Are you serious ?...
The only thing that will resonate is the bank accounts of the
eventual seller/buyer..
Loud for the former and hollow for the latter..
I say the same. As wahab.

I have respect for members here.
So, I do not want to look down at people who believe in
Audio Magic = Audio Myths = Audio Lies = Audio Frauds
But I can not understand how fellows like pjp & others
can put trust in and start really think this mumbo jumbo works at all.
It is beyond my horizont.

Much regards, Lineup

I have a feeling that it is the aim that we reach the intellectual level of the dark Middle Ages occasionally.
(This was not so dark, than the present age.)

Hi, Lineup my Friend!

How are you?

A brainwashing was made on you possibly and you don't remember me?

Wacky Gyuri

Last edited:
Someone may find that some signal cables (usually crappier ones) are more sensitive to vibration than others. Some people who are Way out, might worry about this with the speaker cables as well. Isolating the cables from surfaces and damping them with added distributed mass can decrease their motion. You can use bags of crystals, gold dust, sand, mud, or ooze. Other than that, see your swami.

If you go with the ooze I suggest adding some sequins, colored of course.

Last edited:
Its not a joke.

The quartz crystals in the computer work because they are excited by an electrical current and they produce a voltage at their resonant frequency.
A bag of crystals which is tied or taped to an audio cable has no electrical connection ... only a financial connection to your bank account.

For the record I'd like to explain my explanation. Take a foot of cable. Terminate one end with a 100 ohm resistor. Drive the other end with a nice high impedance 10-100mA current source and AC couple that node to a high impedance input amp with maximum 120dB gain. If differential, use two current sources and 1 volt of offset to shield. Snap the cable with the back of your middle finger (no, that ain't a joke). You will see a signal on a scope or spectrum analyzer. Some cables will easily clip the amp with maybe only 80dB of gain. Now tie a wee baggy of sand to the cable and tap the bag with the same force. The signal will be greatly reduced. That's all there is to it, other than the fact that very good cables wont have much of any reactances excited by even a direct hit on the jacket.

Last edited:
Its not a joke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

150 years ago, common knowledge said that humans could not move in

an open vehicle more than 30 MPH.

why?

you, and anyone else would suffocate!

so,

what has changed?

Last edited:
magic moments

Speaking of magic, I found the solution to the annoying hum in my Herald mixer on the phono input when quiet. I have to lean in a certain direction on the maple organ case (unplugged, inoperative) it is sitting on. Reduces hum by half! Wiggling the RCA jacks does not achieve any similar effect! ???? Still looking for a phenolic multiple rca jack header so I can decouple all the inputs and outputs from the case and let the op amps do their common mode job. But magic is fun.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.