Crossover for R2904/15W4531

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You can find a 18W8531/7000 design here: Ultimo
Another design with the 18W8531 but mated to a 6600 is here: Zaph|Audio - ZRT - Revelator Tower
Both designs are towers, you can modify them to a monitor cutting the lower part and leaving unaltered the top portion, and going for a sealed speaker. IMHO no way to have a 18W revelator in a small reflex enclosure.

Then there is a 18W4531/7000 design but it is a TL design with the tweeter under the woofer, so I don't think you could easily change it to a monitor without some changes in the crossover too: http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/download/Humble%20Homemade%20Hifi_Optimo_copy.pdf

Ralf

What is wrong with the Tony Gee's project I suggested you? If you already measured the drivers you could at least simulate that crossover, and maybe report back. There is plenty of free simulation software, I know (and use) at least three.

If you don't like that project, with a small use of google you could easily find another project. Is was published in the Klang+Ton magazine (3/2006), and you could easily download a copy for a mere 3,99€ - I'm not sure the crossover is published but I'm pretty confident it is.

Ralf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.