Crazy things your parents said

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
This might be a good place to list crazy things our parents told us. I’ll kick off with two from my mother (RIP)

1. ‘Do not take your radio into the bathroom! Do you know how many people have been electrocuted doing that?’

The radio in question was one of those tiny el cheapo MW/SW jobs powered off 2 AA cells.

2. On chewing gum (I was about 12 at the time) ‘Spit it out now! Do you know how many kids choke to death on chewing gum every year?’

😂😂

Reactions: 2 users
Is it true that if you eat cherry stones, you'll have a cherry tree growing inside you?
"Eat your greens, they'll put hairs on your chest " - an odd thing to tell both genders.
My sister had a pet rabbit, so she wouldn't eat rabbit, so my mum told her that we were having Giraffe for tea, so my sister went to school the next day, and told everyone that we'd had Giraffe.
Should there be a category for things that teacher said? " Well, if it's so funny, why don't you come to the front of the class, and tell all of us!".

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Here one but this time it’s what I told my two boys when one was about 5 and the other 2 1/2. The oldest asked how come people got sleep in their eyes. I told them at night your eye balls pop out while you are sleeping and run around the house collecting dust and dirt. Just before you wake up, they jump back in the sockets again, leaving dirt on your eyelids. I even embellished with a bit about crazy dreams. Because the eyeballs aren’t connected to your brain, they can’t make sense of anything so that’s why you have crazy dreams. We still laugh about it and one is 37 and the other 35

Reactions: 2 users
A few more:
"Children should be seen and not heard." At the dinner table on holidays with guests visiting.
"That kid must have a hollow leg." When a kid actually liked the food and wanted more.
"Don't eat that. You'll get worms." When Mom was making brownies and you wanted to lick the bowl.

Great thread Bonsai!
This is so emotionally therapeutic I feel like I should be paying someone.

Reactions: 1 user