CD player modification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an "Audio Pro CD.7" cd player. And I want to have balanced output (XLR), so I'm thinking of doing some mods to my current CD player until I get money to buy a new one. Right now the + output and the - output of the DAC goes through a bunch of OP-amps and RC filter. So I'm thinking of taking the +/- output signals (0,8V RMS) from the DAC (Panasonic MN6474 with built in digital filter with 4x oversampling) and feed it directly to a balanced linestage with 100k input impedance.. What do you think about this? I know I have to be carefull so that I don't destroy the DAC. But this should work quite good shouldn't it? I don't need to filter the out the noise coming from the DAC do I, the rest of the audio components in the chain should do that... BTW: The noise should be somewhere around 176,4kHz, that is way above audible!

Perhaps the best thing would be to build a new analog output stage, but I want to things to be as simple as possible.
I've also seen a lot of DAC designs without filtering, just using a transformer at the output to convert the balanced signal to singel ended..

/Freddie

Audio Pro CD.7 similar to NAD 502 and 514

An enhancement of sound quality you will get by replace the NE5532 through LME49720, as I note last week.
Also similar model is the AMC CD-8b

Attachments

• NAD 502 PCB.jpg
    NAD 502 PCB.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 126
  • nad_512B PCBjpg.jpg
    nad_512B PCBjpg.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 113
  • AMC CD-Player CD8b.jpg
    AMC CD-Player CD8b.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Audio Pro CD 7 front.pdf
    78.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.