Car amp repair: Overheated my a/d/s PH15...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got a 6ch a/d/s amp sitting on my shelf that I just haven't been able to get rid of...It was in my car, working great, when it starting cutting out (it has temp sensor that will cause itself to shut down if it gets too hot). Well, it would cut out, then come back, then cut out...Eventually, after weeks, it just cut out and never came back.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with a/d/s amps...It's not so expensive an amp that I can spend hundreds repairing it...I opened it up and didn't notice anything "fried." I have the repair circuit diagram, but honestly it's just beyond my understanding. I'm decent with a soldering iron, but my test equipment consists of a 300W ATX power supply and a RadioShack voltometer...

It just seems like it would be replacing the temp sensor or something...I dunno, I don't think any of the channels blew out...

Failing my handiwork...Someone mentioned K&B Audio for repair. Anyone ever heard of them? I also found some electronics repair FAQ. If anyone knows a good place in Mahatten...lemme know...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.