• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Can't identify this tube?

Any ideas :confused: as a friend suggested, its like a beefed up 807

No top cap
Octal base
large plate support



  • 20160421_184444.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 244
  • 20160421_184514.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 246
  • 20160421_213929.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 232
Hi your valve looks very much like an old Navy type full wave rectifier
I don't think so. You can see the lower end of the grid wires in the first photo. There are also other internal connections between the cathode and anode structures, and maybe a couple of beam forming plates - so my guess is a beam tetrode of some kind, but my knowledge runs out at that point.