• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Canada. Rega3 anyone want it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Speak up quick, or im gonna use the platter for a clock and throw the rest out. This thing has been sitting in ma closet for a few years, thats why it looks all dusty and stuff, I am fixing up that room now and trying to get rid of stuff i do not need (oh so much crap that i think shouldn't be thrown out but i don't want)
It will probably be $20 to $40 shipping depending where you are in Canada.

Please post your case here, don't PM or email me, I will reply but not decide until Friday. dont offer swaps or anything, if you win and have something to swap, then offer it. pay it forward!

Oh yeah and the people i got it from in the 80s had used the lid for something that looks like cutting lines of coke on, there are a whole bunch of scratches in the middle front of the dust cover it could probably be fixed with some lens restorer or something.

The arm is this one:
c12pr.jpg

If you just want the ARM or the deck, thats fine as well, i will separate them (either one will be easier to ship that way anyways)..hmm actually if you just want the arm, AMERICANS and EUROS can have that as well, much easier to ship.

here are the cokey scratches on the lid sorry for the glow, i just picked it up and put it in front of the camera for this post.
oWD99.jpg

everything is free except shipping, unless you live in Toronto, then its completely free.

I will not decide who wins until Friday. so make your case!

lawyer speak: this free give away is brought to you by nobody, if you an employee of nobody then you can still get it! my final final, persuaded, bribed or coerced decision will not be changed!

Last edited:
I was in such a hurry to get in the queue, i didn't properly read your post. I'm working on that... i won't win it on lack of an existing TT, but may if i put forward my plans for such a beast.

dave

yes but you could still win due to you having a rega 2 and upgrade etc, I use a very complex algorithm to decide who wins, it is called "human brain deciding stuff"

I'm curious about the arm, too, for mounting it on a Thorens project that I picked up last year--after seeing the prices that headshells get for the stocker on eBay, I've been looking for something to upgrade to... but then again I've never played it.

Any personal opinions about how the arm might perform in my case?

If it helps, I go to university in Oshawa but I live in Toronto and have been eating nothing but bagels for lunch these past few weeks because they're cheap and easy to come by on campus... and a bagel kinda looks like a rekkid!

I'm curious about the arm, too, for mounting it on a Thorens project that I picked up last year--after seeing the prices that headshells get for the stocker on eBay, I've been looking for something to upgrade to... but then again I've never played it.

Any personal opinions about how the arm might perform in my case?

If it helps, I go to university in Oshawa but I live in Toronto and have been eating nothing but bagels for lunch these past few weeks because they're cheap and easy to come by on campus... and a bagel kinda looks like a rekkid!

I used to have a Hadcock arm on a thorens TD124 in England, it was very nice, the guy i gave it to when i moved to canada is still using it 29 years later.

I have a friend who LOVES music. Not just in the normal everyday sense, he LOVES it. He's running an old Sunsui receiver from the 70's into a pair of homebrew speakers. His record collection is amazing, but his turntable is garbage. He's been saving for a new player for almost a year now, but he really doesn't have very much money. This would be a awsome x-mas present for him. The smile on his face would be huge. I'll even send you a picture of him opening it

Thanks

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.