Building a cut off switch.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to build a simple pedal that when pressed cut the signal going to the amp. I can do this simply with two input jacks and a switch.

The question I have is if I do it this way would I get a pop to the amp when pressing the switch? Is the 'pop' negated by getting a quality switch or should some other electronics be involved?

I would also like to wire in a two tone led, green when the signal is going thru and red for when the signal is cut. I know I need to wire in a 9v somehow.

Can someone draw me a simple wiring diagram with the components that I need? I am new to this and would appreciate any help given.

I have searched the web for a simple diagram and haven’t been able to find one for a cut switch. A/B switches sure but no simple cut switches. I haven't been able to find one commercially made although I'd like to try to make this myself.

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.