Brisbane Meet 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The first weekend in February seems fine and lets everyone recover after the silly session, 1.00 pm Sunday 3rd February at my place. For those who don’t know me and are interested drop me an email (phil dot greenwood at byindex dot net) and I’ll send out a mud map.

Since Meet No 1 I have gone fully valve, so you can compare Chinese Ming Da pre/mono blocks against my Musical Fidelity X series pre/powers – still can not believe the winner? and newly built Martin King’s Mass Loaded Tapered Quarter Wave Tube ( ML TQWT) plus others?

I’ll try and talk Rob into carting the Elsinores over when I redemo them this week but that might be a massive effort. Doug might have his “Frankenspeakers” ready by then if the CSS drivers we just ordered arrive early January. Hope you are not squeamish there might be a bit of blood and crude stitching visible on these creatures (hehe).

The event is an open door – do bring along some gear CD’s/amps/speakers etc I don’t have a turntable unless some one would like to bring one along.

I’ll repost his later in January to catch anyone currently on holiday.

Cheers - Phil (cross posted on stereo.net)

Reminder

This is just a “re-float” message as it’s only two week to go for the 3rd Feb meet at my place. See beginning of thread if you’d like to come along – contact details are there.

Currently we have interest from

• Dunnrovers – Mike is making a turntable at the moment – lots of brass – will ask him to bring the unfinished beast for viewing.
• Nig - pair of 'modified' Ekta's
• Waricle - either valve amps or t/t or both
• Karl - db616TL (DIY MTM TLs)
• Obiwan – perhaps???
• Jch
• Listener - A. Windows Vista PC. Bel Canto e.One Dac3. Dynaudio Twynn's. Bel Canto e.One REF1000. [ x2 ] - all or some?
• Bissco57 - Zombies .. if the drivers turn up soon
• MadMutt
• Paul F
• Me – greenie512

Anyone bringing speakers could you include your own cables – might be more convenient?

Doors are still open for more. Doug (brissco57) has suggested a “audio” sale? Bring along any audio bits that you don’t want – you never know some else might offer you some cash for it/them??

To start that one off I have a Meridian 101 preamp (1977) gathering dust? + Cyrus M3 multi-room amp.

It looks like we may get quite a few toys to play with, therefore I’m happy for this to roll into the evening and we can call in pizzas?

If I’ve missed you off the list – please contact me.

Cheers – Phil

PS – picture … just bought materials to make up some acoustic panels – so hopefully they’ll be up and help with room acoustics.

Attachments

• accousticmats.jpg
    accousticmats.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 340
Rob - sorry mate

• Rob323 - Elsinores
Dunnrovers – Mike is making a turntable at the moment – lots of brass – will ask him to bring the unfinished beast for viewing.
• Obiwan – perhaps???
• Jch
• Listener - A. Windows Vista PC. Bel Canto e.One Dac3. Dynaudio Twynn's. Bel Canto e.One REF1000. [ x2 ] - all or some?
• MadMutt
• Paul F
• Me – greenie512

Just new I'd missed someone!!!!

greenie512 said:
Rob - sorry mate

• Rob323 - Elsinores
Dunnrovers – Mike is making a turntable at the moment – lots of brass – will ask him to bring the unfinished beast for viewing.
• Obiwan – perhaps???
• Jch
• MadMutt
• Paul F
• Me – greenie512

Just new I'd missed someone!!!!

Arrrh! That's "Brisso57", pls.

* I have a pair of vintage (what else?) 10" Magnavox twin-cones in VG condition that need a project and a home.
* I have a Sonab C500 cassette deck, which I'm sure is repairable. One for the retro style aficionados.
* I have a pair of Studiocraft 110 Bookshelf spkrs in good condition. Surplus to requirements.
I'm sure I can come up with more by the time the meet rolls 'round. :)

Doug

Unfortunately I'm at the cricket on that Sunday. I said it last time as well but keep me posted on the next event, by that time I should have a DAC-301, a LM3886 Gainclone, a few different Aleph configurations and an F4 setup. If you're into headphones: I'm finishing off a swag of JISBOS's, a MilletMAX and I'm in line for the Bijou when its released (soon soon, so keen).

I don't have any speakers yet (consumed by headphones) but the gainclone, Alephs and F4s will be crying for something to drive once they're alive. I'm thinking of a Half-Chang (not really Loudspeaker category though...).

That said, a friendship has developed into an actual relationship, they have a habit of killing DIY productivity...good fun though.

Daveze said:
Unfortunately I'm at the cricket on that Sunday. I said it last time as well but keep me posted on the next event, by that time I should have a DAC-301, a LM3886 Gainclone, a few different Aleph configurations and an F4 setup. If you're into headphones: I'm finishing off a swag of JISBOS's, a MilletMAX and I'm in line for the Bijou when its released (soon soon, so keen).

I don't have any speakers yet (consumed by headphones) but the gainclone, Alephs and F4s will be crying for something to drive once they're alive. I'm thinking of a Half-Chang (not really Loudspeaker category though...).

That said, a friendship has developed into an actual relationship, they have a habit of killing DIY productivity...good fun though.

Dave - email me (first thread) and I'll remember to keep you in the loop.

Cheers - Phil

Woohoo :D

I made it to the top of the list.

Looks like you are going to have to clear out some room to fit all this gear in Phil, escpecially for Bissco's :)devilr: ) garage sale.

If the weather's fine, maybe we can see how the Elsinore's do without the benefit of room gain. Wouldn't have to worry about room interactions then.

Early start or reschedule

This Sunday’s meet has just got complicated. I’m working in Mackay Mon – Wed next week and have just been notified that I’m flying up there early evening Sunday. So I’d need everyone out by 4 pm – which doesn’t give us any time.

Could I suggest an early morning start circa 9:00 am Sunday (3rd still) that should give us enough time for all the demos etc. I’ll get a load of snags for the BoQ + bread/salad for lunch.

Or it’s cancel the day and reschedule later. Let me know what you think ASP.

If we go for a morning meet – could someone do sweets (not my forte) and if you want something a little more refined regarding meat bring it along.

Cheers - Phil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.