Boss Super Shifter Help

Thanks for the reply Enzo, and for so many of your replies to other people's questions that have answered questions for me before I have had to ask.
Unfortunately, when I run this search, Google images will show many schematics, but as I click through them, none of them are actually for the PS-5. After hours searching, the only documentation I have found is the user's manual and demo videos. I'm hoping someone here has the schematic, a picture of the board, or maybe even that someone would be willing to crack open their pedal and read me a part number.
Thanks again!

Tesla88

2011-12-21 8:37 am
Italy
The PS5 is an intelligent harmonizer so it should use a sort of DSP to detect pitch an generate the harmonized note. It's not a simple device and find a schematic would be very hard...
Number of pins of IC8 and package? DIL , SIL , SOIC ecc
Hope it isn't the DSP processor or you can trash the unit...

I don't expect it is anything as significant as the DSP. A picture is worth a thousand words though, so have a look...

Attachments

• 2013-03-08_21-59-21_798.jpg
    2013-03-08_21-59-21_798.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 72

Tesla88

Italy
Uhm IC8 seems buruned :) I think it's a voltage regulator due to the fact it has only 3 PIN and is an Ic (not a transistor or mosfet) , so can be a sort of voltage regulator to provide supply to DSP 3.3 or 5 don't know...Can you read anything on it?

Last edited:

Tesla88

Italy
Sorry , i've just looked at stomoboxzone and seems a user report it as a
S-8520E33MC-BJS-T2
A PWM regulator to provide 3.3V .. it's hard to find :(
If you can find the part then fix is easy , only other solution is to use a lineare voltage regulator bypassing this part of the circuit , easy if you are experienced ..