Bose 301 Reimagined

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For my daughter's boyfriend's Christmas present I decided to build him a system. I wanted to keep costs down but at the same time come up with a good sounding system. Everything had to be re-purposed since my daughter is, ahem, really into the Green. So I set off to Salvation Army and lo and behold, a pair of Bose 301s in a sorry state. So that became the focal point of a crossoverless system. First get rid of the drivers (BTW, if anyone needs 301 drivers in need of coning, message me). I also picked up an old sony subwoofer with a busted amp.

Photo-2019-12-07-8-53-15-AM — imgbb.com

Last edited:
Hi. Well done! How do the ps180s sound. I selected those for my TL project with inspiration from the Baby Labs models. Still to construct.
You’ll be happy with them. The bass is a bit shy without the proper port. I wished the one on the Bose was longer but it does have a weird enough geometry (45 degrees to some mouth) that who knows what it does. The highs are very clear and extended. Nothing wrong with the midrange to high.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.