i have 4 older caps 22000uf 80V from a sony ES power amp

but i have no idear what is + and -

Black= negative or is it the other way araund? see pic if that help

Tnx

Attachments

• picture 476.jpg
    picture 476.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 197
okay i did this test using a 9v batt instead i connected my multimeter in serie whit the batt. to measure the current

when i connect it to the cap the same this happens no matter if its + or - it draw a large amount of current the first few seconds, then drop to zero. seems normal..

i also try to measure the voltage over the cap after its been charged. its drop for 9 volt slowly. the same speed + and -

Calebay said:
okay i did this test using a 9v batt instead i connected my multimeter in serie whit the batt. to measure the current

when i connect it to the cap the same this happens no matter if its + or - it draw a large amount of current the first few seconds, then drop to zero. seems normal..

i also try to measure the voltage over the cap after its been charged. its drop for 9 volt slowly. the same speed + and -

Yeah well I think 9V is a little too low. Try, if necessary, with your big transformer but with a series resistor. I would also vote for the black terminal being neg pole, btw. It seems pretty standard.

Jan Didden