Beyma 15lx60v2 vs. Subwoofer

Hi everyone.

I continue with my doubts about my next project.
I have thought about building a 3-way high efficiency for use in music, not home theater. I don't need earthquakes from my speakers and with a low frequency of 35Hz it would be enough for me.
My choice of medium frequency and high frequency speaker is as follows:
-Faital HF108
-Faital PR320

The PR320 driver wanted to build it in a closed box and filter it over 100-150Hz with a low bass driver.
I'm interested in the Beyma 15lx60v2 driver in a box with a bass reflex of about 120l.
I also think of a 15" subwoofer in a closed box of about 100-120l.
The amplifier to be used in the bass driver provides 150w at 8 Ohm or 250w at 4 Ohm.
I like the idea of Beyma because of its sensitivity, but I also like the idea of a subwoofer in a closed box above a box with bass reflex.
What would be your option?.
Thanks and regards.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
To me the 12" and 15" driver as quite similar in capability and specification so one is redundant or should be changed. For example if you changed to an 8" mid you could cross the HF108 higher in frequency. The 15" driver will produce ample SPL at 35Hz in a correctly designed reflex for home use.

I use four of the 15LX60v2 in two-way speakers and I like them. They are 300 l coffins tuned to 30 Hz. But smaller boxes that are tuned a little higher are of course possible.
And with a tree-way configuration you might even have cleaner output than mine (they are not actually mid-bass drivers). I Always wanted to try mine in a three-way configuration but haven't found the time to do so yet.
This driver is one out of just a few reasonably priced PA 15" woofers that can be tuned quite low.

Regards

Charles

Thank you for your opinions.

I use four of the 15LX60v2 in two-way speakers and I like them. They are 300 l coffins tuned to 30 Hz. But smaller boxes that are tuned a little higher are of course possible.
And with a tree-way configuration you might even have cleaner output than mine (they are not actually mid-bass drivers). I Always wanted to try mine in a three-way configuration but haven't found the time to do so yet.
This driver is one out of just a few reasonably priced PA 15" woofers that can be tuned quite low.

Regards

Charles
I have precisely noticed this Beyma driver for his good theoretical performance in the low bass.

Regards.

That 15LX60v2 is not so impressive at all, especially for that price. Fs is relative high, even for a 15" PA driver, xmax is low with theoretically +/-5 mm (10 mm magnet gap and 20 mm winding height). It's okay for home listening, but it's too expensive for what you get.
For around 2/3 price, check out FaitalPro 15FH500, 510, or 520. The Le is lower for the Faitals either, okay, the Vas is higher but the Qts is lower, so at the end you don't need a much different box size.

I also agree on a smaller midrange like a 8" or 10".

Last edited:
Vilayez, did you manage to build this 3 way speaker? I am wondering what drivers you needed up with. I have used a 12 inch woofer with a moderate Q in the past, and ported it for a very low tune (similar to the Beyma 15LX60v2, I think the q was about .46) Anyway I tuned it to a fairly flat response and for whatever reason , the bass was terrible: bloated and under-damped. I blame the c4 type alignment. I would be interested to hear if that beyma faired any better in a BR box