Behringer DEQ2496 meter question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm using a DEQ2496 between my source (Squeezebox SB3) and DAC. It's working as far as room correcting the lower frequencies (40-300 hz) but the metering doesn't seem to displaying the right signal levels.

After correction, I find that I need to reduce the master gain setting in GEQ to around -12db or there will be some clipping. If I only lower the master gain level to say -5 db, the meter is showing the signal (for input and output) well below clipping levels even when I can clearly hear clipping.

No matter what I change, I just can't get the meter to show what I reckon to be the true level. In fact most of the time, I only have one or two of the lights on the bar meter lit up. Turning up the level on the SB3 to full doesn't even light up the yellow lights, never mind the red ones.

When I use my CDP as a source, the meters work 'normally' so can anybody suggest what is going on here? Connections are BNC to AES using 75 ohm cable with a 220R resistor across the centre conductor and screen inside the XLR plug for the input. Output to DAC as in the diagram below.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.