av400 VS. super leach amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You may have your heart set on one of the two amps you listed in the title but the high power version of Rods P101 is a comparabale design. Many of the specs are right up there with the AV400 such as the rail voltage at +-70 and output at around 180 RMS into 4 ohm. Just my two cents worth.

Brian

Killjoy99 said:
You may have your heart set on one of the two amps you listed in the title but the high power version of Rods P101 is a comparabale design. Many of the specs are right up there with the AV400 such as the rail voltage at +-70 and output at around 180 RMS into 4 ohm. Just my two cents worth.

Brian

Actually, his website states
With the full supply voltage of +/-70V (which must not be exceeded!), RMS power is around 180W into 8 ohms, or 250W into 4ohms. Short term (or "music") power is typically about 240W into 8 ohms and 380W into 4 ohms. Note that depends to a very great degree on the power supply, and a very robust supply is an absolute requirement for the maximum output."

This is a very good sounding amp and fairly easy to build. It was my first amp.

Blessings, Terry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.