Audiolab 8000A - transitors ??

lim0nade

2018-12-06 10:20 am
Hi everyone. I have Audiolab 8000A which has blown one channel. The transistors are Sanken 2SA1216 / 2SC2922. I replaced them with the same, but they burned after 3 minutes of operation without overheating and 30% volume! (apparently were fake).
I have the original Toshiba 2SA1302 / 2SC3281 in which base/collector/emitter are the same positions.
The question is: Can I put Toshiba instead Sanken?
Thanks in advance!

There's some reason the channel blew. I'd suggest testing with a dim bulb tester and checking all the voltages and biasing next time, or you might blow more transistors due to the original fault.

The 3281/1302 are higher gain I believe - you will need to re-bias anyway after changing transistors of course. I'd wind the bias right down before powering up with new transistors, then adjust carefully.

lim0nade

2018-12-06 10:20 am
Together with the original transistors blow and other components (transistors and resistors)
I replaced all damaged items and connected the 60W bulb successively, adjusted BIAS to 40mA. Everything went well.
After that i increased volume and transistors burned again, apparently were fake.