audio file converter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Total Recorder from www.highcriteria.com

I use total recorder for audio and video editing. Bought it years ago and still get free upgrades. Program maintains a small footprint on your monitor, on line help is complete and they respond to email if you still have questions. Trial copies available.

Best to download the free trial version. As I recall the trial version is fully functional but it places a noise every five seconds in any file it saves.
From the online help
The audio file types and formats supported by Total Recorder are:
- compressed and uncompressed RIFF-WAV (including High Quality PCM)
- MP3
- Ogg Vorbis
- Windows Media Audio
- FLAC
- Monkey's Audio (APE)
- AAC Audio within MPEG-4 and 3GP containers (*.mp4, *.m4a, *.3gpp, *.3gp, *.3g2, *.3gp2 - Windows 7 and later only)
- AAC Audio within MOV container (Windows 7 and later with playback only)

Xmedia recode is good, and free. Audacity will import a song and export it in a number of different formats but something like X media recode will batch process a whole,load of files in one go. It will also strip the audio out of video files, handy for a certain video sharing site.
That same site will also have tutorials on X media recode.
I would download from videohelp.com that's a trusted site. Look in the tools section

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.